Committee Meeting-First Wednesday of the month at 7p.m. *NEW*-The Board will meet at 6p.m. to go over bills prior to the Committee meeting
Regular Meeting-Second Tuesday of the month at 7p.m.
*Winter is approaching, please abide by the even/odd parking. Any questions call the Dansville Police Dept. at 335-3385.
*The Village will be enforcing water shut offs for non payment; any questions contact Karen Schleyer at 335-5270.
*The Town Tax Assessor is in the process of doing an update for the 2014 Tax Roll year and will not have normal office hours during this time. Please call Holley Smalt with any questions at 585-335-6954.
Nestled at the southern end of the Canaseraga Valley, an arm of the Genesee Valley, the Village of Dansville is the southern gateway to rural Livingston County and a major junction of highways providing direct access to the Rochester Metropolitan Area, the western edge of New York’s Finger Lake Region, the Southern Tier and a wide range of outdoor venues. On behalf of the Village, I welcome you to our website and encourage you to visit our community to enjoy our hospitality, recreational facilities, businesses and historical sites. The first local chapter of the American Red Cross was founded here and the Village was a terminus of a branch of the former Genesee Valley Canal. The community also hosts many festivals, including the Dogwood Festival in May and the New York State Festival of Balloons over the Labor Day weekend. Interstate 390 has two ramps (4 and 5) exiting directly into our community, an excellent general aviation airport is situated on the edge of the Village, four state highways pass through or terminate here, and a branch line of the Genesee and Wyoming Railroad is adjacent to our business/industrial park. The community also has a wide-range of social, civic and athletic organizations/facilities (including a nine-hole golf course in the Village); a fish and game club (400 members); numerous churches; a central business district that is undergoing significant redevelopment; a burgeoning business corridor near the airport and I-390’s exit 5; and numerous municipal parks and a nearby (two miles) state park. We have an excellent public school system and a public library that is currently undergoing major expansion. The Village has many vintage and modern homes as well. So come and look us over; I am certain you will find the community a great place to live and raise a family. We see our future as bright and ask you to consider Dansville as an opportunity to open a business.
Peter R. Vogt
- Key Provisions of the New Law in the Village of Dansville Regarding the Disposal of Garbage, Rubbish and Refuse Can be found under the Laws tab, select Solid Waste Law and see options under documents.
- Brush Pick-up is every EVEN month (Feb,Apr,Jun,Aug,Oct,Dec). Brush may be placed at curb the 1st Saturday of the EVEN month, no sooner please. Pick up will run for one week only. Please do not place brush after the week of pick up.
- Poags Hole Dump will open on Saturdays from 10am to 1pm starting May 4, 2013. Only organic materials may be disposed. No trash, lumber or bricks.
- A listing of Dansville phone numbers for Livingston County Offices may be found under the Departments tab.
- Court Fines may be paid online at the link below.
- Village Studies and Reports may be found under the Boards & Committees tab.
- Please report any street light outage either by calling the Clerk's office or online under the Departments tab, then Public Works.
- Golf Carts are NOT ALLOWED to be used on Village streets or sidewalks.
- Water and Sewer Rates are as follows: Base Charges ($) Water Sewer Total
Village 72.00 65.00 137.00
Outside Village 88.00 80.00 168.00
Usage Rates per Thousand Gallons ($)
Village 3.00 3.00 6.00
Outside Vallage 3.50 3.50 7.00
Vlg Commercial 3.00 3.00 6.00
Outside Comm 3.50 3.50 7.00
North Dansville Town Hall
14 Clara Barton Street
Dansville, NY 14437
Office Hours: Monday through Friday 8:00-5:00